77 TA vacuum Pipes

Moderators: Regional Representative, Technical Advisor

Forum rules
Only fully subscribed club members may post in this section. Please keep these threads on topic.
carterdj
POC Newbie
Year: 1977
Model: Trans Am
Engine: 400
Name: Darren

77 TA vacuum Pipes

Post by carterdj » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I am in another pickle :'(

I have no idea of the correct placment of the vacuum pipes on my 1977 pontiac 400. The pictuewr in the service manual does not make a lot of sense to me as i don;t have all the bits on there. I have sent Robin and email at Autopontiac, but i am trying to cover all my bases. Here are some pics. I have tried to number the pipes for reference. It also has a charcol canister but no EGR valve or the one connected to the air cleaner (EFE value?)

I also have a thick brown wire coming from the loom (uncer the txt for pipe 7 on right hand side) I have no idea where it goes but it is live when ignition is on!

Any help before the petrol and matches come out..............

Thanks

Darren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thirdgen

Re: 77 TA vacuum Pipes

Post by thirdgen » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 pm

i would just try and run it see how it runs and block off all the leaks as long as the dizzy has a pipe and the servo

thebandit92
POC Elite Poster
Year: 1980
Model: Trans Am S/E
Engine: 301
Name: Jimmy

Post by thebandit92 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:25 pm

thirdgen wrote:i would just try and run it see how it runs and block off all the leaks as long as the dizzy has a pipe and the servo
Yep,thats how mine is/was :roll: plus the one from trans,looks neater without all the un needed crap as well.Not sure what that brown wire is but looking at thickness of it i can only think of two underhood wires that size,alternator and starter solenoid,what type of connector does it have on it?,at first i thought power for dizzy but its wrong side and too thick i think.
http://bandittransport.co.uk/

ITS THAT STREAK OF BLACK LIGHTNING CALLED THE BANDIT EXPRESS

:2ndgen:

SUPERCHARGEDGTA

Post by SUPERCHARGEDGTA » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 pm

has it got an electronic choke? has it got a wire connected to it? if not, should the brown wire go there?