74 Front Dash Speaker

Moderators: Regional Representative, Technical Advisor

Forum rules
Only fully subscribed club members may post in this section. Please keep these threads on topic.
Richard J
POC Newbie
Year: 1974
Model: Pontiac
Engine: 400
Name: Richard jones

74 Front Dash Speaker

Post by Richard J » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:57 pm

As I'm in the process of sorting out the wiring in my car and have the dash out thought I'd tackle the ICE

Has anyone swapped their old speaker out under the front dash, (it's just the one oval speaker in the center)

If so what did you put in?

I have seen a few that would fit, just wondered If someone has already one in they would recommend, not interested in fitting speakers all around the car just replacing that one, would rather listen to Engine in these sort of motors... (different to my previous cars)

Cheers

R

bhm1712
Site Admin
Membership No: 20-607
Year: 2001
Model: Trans-Am WS6
Engine: 350
Name: Ian

Re: 74 Front Dash Speaker

Post by bhm1712 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Hmm it's tricky as I'm guessing its an odd size? Mine has 2 factory speaker locations up front so it's different for me. If I were you I would remove the speaker and mount and take it to a car audio place to get a speaker as close in size and shape as you can. Then you can try and make the original mount fit the new one.

It may actually be easier to mount 2 speakers under the very front of the centre console as many members have done before. There is quite a bit of useable space under there. As a last resort anyway...
Ian Hopkinson - Membership Manager & Forum Administrator
Northern England & Midlands Rep