Alarm system

Moderators: Regional Representative, Technical Advisor

Forum rules
Only fully subscribed club members may post in this section. Please keep these threads on topic.
joel1992
POC Newbie
Membership No: 14-K438
Year: 1980
Model: Transam
Engine: 400
Name: Joel Willcock

Alarm system

Post by joel1992 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi All,

I have just purchased my 1980 Pontiac Transam 400ci 6.6l V8 :)

I am having an issue locking both doors using the drivers door only..... When I lock from the drivers door it locks only the drivers door, so I have to lock the passengers separately??

Also I am looking into getting an Immobiliser and Alarm system installed discreetly, I am based in Berkshire so open to suggestions on mobile fitters or advice??

I am guessing that I will need to sort the door locks first, but need to get a wiring document or owners manual about the cars wiring.... any advice?

Thanks
Joel

bhm1712
Site Admin
Membership No: 20-607
Year: 2001
Model: Trans-Am WS6
Engine: 350
Name: Ian

Re: Alarm system

Post by bhm1712 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi there, I would imagine the actuating motor has gone in the passenger door if it's not opening electrically with the drivers door. Best way to test is to remove the passenger door card and remove the wiring plug to the lock assembly and check for volts switching with a test meter whilst somebody unlocks the drivers door.

It's possible the central locking was giving a previous owners a problem and it was disconnected as is common with these later 2nd generation cars.
Ian Hopkinson - Membership Manager & Forum Administrator
Northern England & Midlands Rep