speaker wire

Moderators: Regional Representative, Technical Advisor

Forum rules
Only fully subscribed club members may post in this section. Please keep these threads on topic.
NOODLES
POC Elite Poster
Membership No: 20-609
Year: 1977
Model: Trans am
Engine: 400
Name: My name is not Bob,

Re: speaker wire

Post by NOODLES » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:21 pm

unless you running top end equipment then any speaker wire will do. you can buy the expensive gold stuff or whatever if you like, but you wont notice any difference in sound unless your speakers cost like £500 each!
i just use the standard stuff that usually comes with new speakers......the only upgrade i done is i used very thick wire for my sub.....mainly becos it was an external wire on show so bought a meter of pretty stuff!!!! but its also a very high power sub and amp (1800w rms @ 1 ohm) , tho im sure running it on cheapy stuff would give the same results to an untrained ear!

20p a meter or £20 a meter.......its just wire at the end of the day!

most new speakers will come with wire in the box.......if the manufacturers give you that wire then they obviously think it is good enough for their equipment

:thumb:
NOODLES,
77 ex racer project
member no, 20609
Born Free........Taxed to Death

Nalcbur

Re: speaker wire

Post by Nalcbur » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am

kev 190164 wrote:which is a good one to buy i no nothing about sounds.i just have a sony multi changer and just wont to replace the car navigation system speaker wire and some new speakers. kev
The post is old so you must have purchased these speakers. I want to invest in them and have $200. Can you tell be good brand with reliable source to purchase them?