Mot failure????

Moderators: Regional Representative, Technical Advisor

Forum rules
Only fully subscribed club members may post in this section. Please keep these threads on topic.
Taffdiver69
POC Newbie
Year: 1976
Model: 2nd Gen Firebird
Engine: 67
Name: Dil

Mot failure????

Post by Taffdiver69 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Alright guys, you may have read about my hand/foot brake wire prob was just wandering if it's an mot failure?? seem to remember the last MOT before she was stored for nearly 3 years the mot place wasn't to happy about the wire run but would pass it that time, the prob as explained is its running along at the bottom of the pipes thus eventually cutting into the exhaust but as its the only way to run the bloody wire can they fail it in an mot???? Definately gonna cover it with a piece of crimped copper pipe as John suggested but may take it elsewere for an mot this time round as cant be doing with the CENSORED who does the mot, used to go to school with him and never liked the guy and vice versa he gave me lots of hasselhoff mot'ing the Firebird last time before I stored her and to save me knocking him out it may be easier to go elsewere I suppose lmao but just curious about the mot/wire run??

SUPERCHARGEDGTA

Re: Mot failure????

Post by SUPERCHARGEDGTA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:23 pm

no its not an MOT failure, as that is how it is made

SUPERCHARGEDGTA

Post by SUPERCHARGEDGTA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 pm

best if the tester is an A-hole then better to try another test station

Taffdiver69
POC Newbie
Year: 1976
Model: 2nd Gen Firebird
Engine: 67
Name: Dil

Post by Taffdiver69 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks John, thought as much but always nice to get it confirmed and yep your right I'll take it elsewere because I will seriously, seriously fall out with him and don't want to be doing that at my ripe old age mate lmao :thumb: